Let us see !!

Last week I accidentally came across this cool guy called Thomas Perko across a Facebook event. if you guys are in Germany and in nearby places check out his events in the nearby places if you can. I would say what he has done is pretty much extraordinary and amazing. And this guy inspired me to pick up on something which I haven’t done so far "seriously". Check out his TED talk

if you guys have time. I am not sure if i got to travel the world like him or not but it triggered the other idea of writng a blog. it would be  so amazing to write on things I do, people I meet, things i like, which I wanted to do from long time. but let’s see. I know keeping targets would kind of keep up the motivation, but promising something to myself even without knowing how it would be is going to bit hard to achieve target unless I give it a try. let’s see😐. but one thing I could take from his speech In Aachen was " Unless we take the first step it’s never going to happen" so here is my first step, let’s see how far I can run. Hope I have enough energy to run quite a long path.

Last week I came across this fantastic movie called Alles steht kopf, I was not sure if Germans alone did this Fantastic movie, because I was not aware that the actual version of it existed in English. Maybe I saw this movie first in German and all the pictures and banners were also in German I thought it is so. 😁but later I came to know that it was produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures and I was talking about Inside out which won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. I don’t think it would be of great significance if I also speak about the plot as everybody does. But unfortunately, I would like to bring in some of the observations that we did on it.  


First, I would like to give an overview of what this movie is all about. The film is set in the mind of a young girl named Riley Andersen (Kaitlyn Dias), where five personified emotions—Joy (Amy Poehler), Sadness (Phyllis Smith), Anger (Lewis Black), Fear (Bill Hader) and Disgust (Mindy Kaling)—try to lead her through life as her parents (Diane Lane and Kyle MacLachlan) move from Minnesota to San Francisco, and she must adjust to her new surroundings. It was all about how emotions control humans and “what would typically happen” inside one’s head in the imagination of the writer. I would say it’s well done. There are these characters depicting each of the human emotions with their appearance and nature. In the beginning, there is this one character happiness which is given lot of importance and it tries to control or dominate all the other characters. It tries to feed in feeling that keep her happy and tries to dominate and take control over the central control system to control the person. But subsequently in the end this attitude of happiness will only lead to the destruction of the whole system rather than trying to lift her up to normal state when she was going to destroy all the emotional attachments she had with her belongings. When she was about to the edge of destroying all the emotional attachments she had with her loved ones the emotion that comes to her rescue is the most degraded character in the movie “sadness”. I particularly liked this imagination of the creator in giving the essential importance to the character which was degraded all thought the movie but when she needed the emotional support it was this which came to help. In many of the situations also its nearly comparable to what happens to humans.  

There is this big well where all the emotions are dumped which is pretty much comparable to the subconscious mind where all the unwanted but part of our observations are dumped into.  Some disastrous things happen and these two characters’ happiness and sadness are thrown into the actual field of operation out from the central control system. And they struggle to get back to central control system from other parts of the brain while all the memories she had so far and the main category classifications(departments) of her memory collapses during their journey back to central control system. But in the end some childhood memory of her from the subconscious mind helps these emotions to come to the surface of mind. This would mean that for all the problems and support for one the subconscious is the actual power house. And it contains all the possible solutions that can support her during the difficult situations. 


I also very much liked the idea of dreams as depicted in the movie. There is this specific movie director for the movie which eventually is the dream that is being played when we sleep. And is this unicorn that naturally comes in the mind of a child as expected. The idea of abstraction of mind is very comically depicted. The idea of train to reach the central system is possible only when we are awake is simulated to an idea in the end to reach the central system. On a nutshell, I would say for all those who want to understand what is happening in your mind and want to study it further this movie would give an edge to start over. I would strongly recommend you guys to consider this if you want to enjoy some animation movie with popcorn on a Sunday evening. 


- Sid

Comments