Digital Phototography - Did it actually kill the art?

I would say the digital photography has not only has just revolutionized the art of photography but also has ruined its value. It is very appropriate to write this episode in past tense because i don't want to be called by a so called "new age Photographer" who can be seen like a mushrooms everywhere  these days 😀. I am very thankful to fate that I lost my camera and I did not continue in this line of becoming a Mushroom photographer. I am extremely sorry for being sarcastic, but I have to say this to many of these photographers who post so many marriage coverages and their travel pics with their initials  on social media or having a photo page with  name of some photography forcefully followed by their friends. To be frank with this social media marketing it has become so easy for this techies turned newly born "photographers" to call themselves as so. Now if I see myself it seems so silly for me to say that i was in the verge of becoming such a "so called photographer" once upon time before I lost my DSLR. Thank god there is no chance that someone is talking behind me the same way I am speaking about them now. I am not discouraging what they are doing but just giving them a different perspective of what actually some people will talk behind them. In fact its a motivation for these section of people to learn the actual technicalities behind it and respect the art more than just marketing it. All I wanted to say for these photographers is to see photography not just a tool for becoming famous or turn something into a source of income and call themselves as a photographer but actually look into what it actually is and dive deep into their passion.
So the first revelation happened to me when I looked into the path in which photography has grown and what pain the actual photographers have to go when they actually are forced to perform and learn the actual photography when they were using reels. 
It has become a recent trend to buy a DSLR and just turn themselves into a photographer like that with a elegant coverage in photography and shot a pre wedding photo shoot with one of their newly wedded couple friend with auto mode with their high end newly bought camera and lot of professional editing and a big collaboration of their other techie friends liking this page. I am really not in position of judge what they are doing is right or wrong but all i could suggest to these mushroom photographers is to be consistent in their approach and grow in actual sense of photography. Just shooting some pair in cubbon park with elegant dress  and flowers and grabbing some paycheck wont make them a photographer. Photography is more than just buying a DSLR.

It is so sad that these photographers with high end cameras in the town, not only dumbly believe that they are in the verge of becoming the best photographers as soon as they see a pretty descent amount of money and stop learning that photography is not just what they are doing but it is a passionate life. its more than business they do. 
Okay, enough of stereotyping scolding. Let me tell you why I Actually wanted to write this weeks episode. I actually was refining  my blog and I saw some Face book link to some of the photography work I did in my past. So I thought let me write a short episode on what I feel about the current day "mushroom photographers" and see myself through them. I guess it is time for me to show what I did when i wanted to become a so called techie turned so called photographer once upon a time in Bangalore. 👦
in Paradise 
when i was learning lights 
papu 
kali ma - mujhe shakti do 
Eurekha 
mama ji 
master Ji

when i was obsessed with black and whites 
budham sharam  gachammi 
mmmmm i am thirsty 
in KR market - A paradise 
population explosion 
Hope I will be able to gather some money and  buy a DSLR and will be able to learn photography as I wanted to learn again. hope some of the mushroom photographer like me learn some things what people speak behind him/her. If this blog helps at least one to correct his path and turn his passion to a true value for his life I would be the happiest person on this earth.   


- Sid

Comments